Dale Carnegie’s Golden Book summarizes key principles from his best selling books including – How To Win Friends and Influence People and How to Stop Worrying and Start Living. Briefly,
1) Become a Friendlier Person by seeking to listen, offering sincere praise and appreciation, while avoiding being critical of the other person.
2) Win People to Your Way of Thinking by first seeking an honest understanding of the other person’s ideas and desires and then exploring a win-win solution that also appeals to nobler motives.
3) Being a leader entails treating people with respect and dignity, offering encouragement and praise more often than pointing out mistakes, and finally giving them a reputation to aspire for and live up to.
4) Overcome worries by first understanding the debilitating consequence of worry on your health, then take a mental approach of hoping for the best but preparing for the worst and finally get all the facts, weigh them and once a decision is reached, act on it without second guessing.
5) Cultivate an attitude of gratitude and don’t worry about unjust criticism as they are disguised compliments.
6) Prevent fatigue and worry by resting before you get tired and learning to relax at work.
The rule book is in effect a cheat sheet of key principles from the two best sellers and can be accessed here.